Subtitle

Musings on a Stylish Elegant Adventure

Monday, August 15, 2011

Money Mondays: Tracking my net worth

These days I don't budget more on that in a later post, but I do obsessively monitor my networth. Why? For me its hard to motivate myself without a goal. For me it's easy to save for a down payment or a new car, but just saving just because has never worked for me. So I started checking my networth once a month. I must admit I like just watching that number grow and trying to out do my growth from the previous month (admittedly that's often out of my control given how the market has been).

Some people have taken it to the next level using sites like Net Worth IQ, which not only let track your networth but compare it with others. I just K.I.S.S. (keep it simple stupid) and just use excel and keep it private.

How about you? Do you like watching your networth or it something you don't bother to calculate?

No comments:

Post a Comment